Saturday, June 5, 2010

My friends I am terribly sorry for having such gaps in-between my posts. But, the wait is worth it. For my birthday this past Tuesday my family came over. One of the things they did for me was that they each found a verse in the Bible that I needed to hear along with their own words of encouragement. By far the BEST gift I have ever gotten. I can’t even begin to explain in words what I was feeling as I was taking in everyone’s gift. Each word different in so many ways. But, all telling me exactly what I need to hear. Do I hear…..AMAZING! My Uncle Curtis and best friend, Kyler, both told me to read the book of Ecclesiastes. Try spelling that without lookingJ I’ve only read the first two chapters so far, but what I’ve read is wow. Just wow. Basically, it’s saying that everything we do is smoke. We go off and do what we want. Not even thinking about it. We forget about yesterday and when tomorrow comes today is, as well, forgotten. What kind of world do we live in? Yes we don’t DWELL in the past. But, that doesn’t mean we forget it. THAT’S CRAZY! We learn and are built from the memories we have and the mistakes we make. “What’s the point of working your fingers to the bone if you hand over what you worked for to someone who never lifted a finger for it? Smoke, that’s what it is. A bad business from start to finish.”–Ecclesiastes 2:21. Is that really how we live? That’s INSANE! We’re supposed to embrace life and enjoy it. Not forget it and turn it into smoke. “Whether we feast or fast, it’s up to God.”–Ecclesiastes 2:25. Nothing is meaningless if it’s living for God. If He is the one you do things through, your light will shine through that life-taking smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment