Saturday, August 4, 2012

An Unforgettable Freedom

I am speechless.  Words cannot describe the experience I had at Kairos.  Everything is still sinking in.  First I want to start by saying that NOTHING is impossible with the power of God.  Seriously.  Not only did I learn so much I hadn't known before, but I also gained a more in depth understanding of the things I did know before.  Like going back to the basics.  Sometimes we learn them and they're hammered in out brains.  But do we really understand them in our hearts? Or do we just know them in our minds?
If I were to have worn socks, God would have knocked them off.  I felt a whole new level of freedom that I wasn't sure even existed.  Through Kairos, God brought me to parts of my heart and memories that I had completely forgot about, but were holding me back from so much.  Things I had issue with now were because of things that had happened when I was younger.  How the two connected I had NO clue.  But God did.  And now I do.  Not only did He help free me from so much, but now that I know how I can be free, with God's help, I can do it in my own bedroom!
Freedom isn't about where it happens, like an event.  Although that helps, freedom is all about God and the heart.  After all, He was the one who did all the work.  The volunteers and workers at Kairos were there to help us get on the right path.  Not to say after going through Kairos, I never need it again. No.  As human beings, we were made to live in community.  To have that corporate time of worship and fellowship.  But now that I have the tools that I need, I can be more aware of the lies that hold me back, and breaking the ties and living FREE.
One of the biggest things that God did was give me the comfort I need.  I not only felt His comfort, but we did and exercise where the Kairos team gave us father/mother hugs.  And man did that strike a cord.  You don't realize how important something simple as a physical hug is until you don't have it anymore. I've gotten many hugs from many different people in the last 3 years.  But feeling a hug from a team member that represented a hug from my dad meant everything to me.
Freedom starts with you and God.  He will take you to places you may not want to go.  But let me tell you, it is worth it.  So worth it.  I still feel the affects from Kairos and I almost don't know how to wrap my mind around it.  That's probably a good thing.  I'm willing to stay like this if I know God is moving.  And I know He is.
This makes me ready to start college.  Spetember 17th, HERE I COME!!!
My prayer is that you find freedom of your own.  For/from whatever it is.  If you feel alone and like no one cares for you, I want you to know that I do.  And I am praying for you.  Keep your head up high, precious child of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment